For legal marketing professionals and attorneys, getting signed up and active on Twitter is an important step in any social media marketing campaign.
But what’s the point of signing up if you can’t be found?
That’s where twitter directories come in.
Twitter directories are third party apps that allow you to submit your twitter handle and profile so that potential clients or colleges can find you and follow in a matter of minutes.
Clearly, this is an extremely valuable tool when it comes to networking with other legal marketers, attorneys, and members of the media that may be looking to use you as a source. Likewise, these directories allow potential clients to search by practice area (i.e, personal injury, criminal, estates), so if you don’t utlize the 5 minutes it takes to get listed, you might miss out on a great case!
You also want to make sure you are following the key players in your industry and Twitter directories make it so much easier to do that. They also help the key players find YOU and follow what you have to say. Obviously, it’s a win- win situation as far as networking is concerned.
So without further adieu, here are a handful of Twitter directories to get started with. The first two are specifically for the legal profession, while the rest offer general directories and categories in which your twitter handle and profile can be named:
- LexTweet (A service of LexBlog): http://www.lextweet.com/
- Legal Birds (powered by Justia): http://legalbirds.justia.com/
- Twitter Fan Wiki: http://twitter.pbwiki.com/Apps
- Twellow: http://www.twellow.com/
- Just Tweet It: http://justtweetit.com/
- Twitter Packs: http://twitterpacks.pbwiki.com/
- Gov Twits (Find Gov’t Employees & agencies): http://newthinking.bearingpoint.com/2008/11/20/govtwit-directory/
- Book Trade (List of publishers & book execs- great if you want to get published!): http://www.highspotinc.com/blog/2008/12/a-directory-of-book-trade-people-on-twitter/
Online Business Manager and law firm marketing expert, Laura Lee Sparks, is one of the most authoritative and well respected voices on attorney outsourcing, legal marketing and being a virtual assistant for lawyers on the web. Her advice and legal marketing campaigns have helped lawyers reach and surpass the million-dollar mark in their businesses numerous times thanks to her straight-forward advice and ability to make legal marketing principles easy to understand and implement. For further information on lawyer outsourcing programs or to contact Laura Lee directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org